Wednesday, October 27, 2010

STFU, Parents

“You used to be fun. Now you have a baby. If you're being driven crazy by your friends' baby updates every time you check your status feed, please feel free to contribute to this blog. stfuparentsblog@gmail.com Also on Twitter: twitter.com/STFUParents *submissions can be text, screen capture, anonymous, etc.*”

No, this is definitely NOT anything I am promoting. I recently read a friend’s post on Facebook where she had reported this Group because she felt it was ‘attacking’ parents. I agree somewhat.

Honestly, I didn’t read EVERY post on their site. I looked at a few and I gathered my conclusions from that. I thought the page was quite ridiculous. I will be the first to admit that my kids are my entire world and I will post whatever I want to about my kids whenever I want. A friend introduced me to Facebook so that we could keep in contact because she lived a few hours away and wanted to see pictures of my daughter. So now I am in contact with many, many parents and am able to watch my friends’ kids grow up. I consider myself lucky because without this I wouldn’t be able to see or hear about the daily accomplishments of my closest friends.

I can say I do agree with a few things they say on this site. I do not agree that you need to post everything on Facebook. We should have a little respect for our children & ourselves to keep certain things to ourselves. For example, the picture of the boy who accidentally went to the bathroom in his pants. Was this really necessary??? This picture will still be around when the boy is 15 and what’s going to happen when his friends find out about this? It’s cruel and should be addressed to the parents but not to everyone else on the internet. Instead of posting this on STFU, Parents on Facebook to get attention, why couldn’t this ‘concerned citizen’ discreetly send a message to the person who posted the picture explaining that this could potentially cause this child some embarrassment later in life?

There is also a post about a Soon-To-Be Mom having her baby shower at a bar. Yes this is a free country but really????!!! It makes me think about what this mom is going to really be like. Is she really ready to be a mom? What type of people will this mom have the baby around? People may think I am overprotective but there are boundaries. I like to introduce my kids to new things and different cultures but alcoholism isn’t one of them!

I am a proud mom and I love posting my kids accomplishments so they can make fun of me all they want. I believe in Constitutional Rights and Freedom of Speech. They can say what they want about us, Proud Mommies, and we can keep on giving them stuff to talk about. That’s the way the world works. No matter what someone is never happy. Are these people jealous because we have some pretty great kids or are they just looking for attention?? Not sure but what I can say is that I love my kids & am going to yell it from the top of the tallest mountain!

This is definitely my opinion and in no way am I bashing this website. I am merely stating everyone has his/her own opinions. What’s your opinion on this matter?



No comments:

Post a Comment