For those of you who are close to me, you know how difficult the past few months have been. It has brought me closer to my family, friends, and most importantly to God. Therefore I made a goal for myself that I would make this the best Christmas I could for everyone around me to thank you all & Him for all I have been given this holiday. Of course, I want to make Christmastime special for my kids but also to teach them what Christmas is all about. I want my kids to know why we celebrate Christmas…. You can’t spell Christmas without putting Christ first!
A few days ago I found out about 2 girls who were taken away from their mother (reasons unknown) and put into a home with their grandmother who was barely getting by on her own. The kids were brought to her house with only the clothes on their backs from what I was told… sad yes I know! I was told about these girls as I was trying to take pictures of my 2 kids. I am a single mother and yes I experience hard times as well but I am so lucky to have a great support group and I am always looking for the opportunity to ‘pay it forward’.
After learning about these girls I quickly put on Facebook & sent texts to people in my phone saying that these girls were needing anything and I have to admit the response wasn’t what I had hoped for. I did not get a single message that day. It really bummed me out. I took my daughter into her room and went through her clothes & gathered 2 bags full to send to them. The next day when my uncle came to pick up the clothes to take to the grandmother, I still had not received a message from anyone. That afternoon I received a phone call. A very sweet young lady had went through and had a couple of bags of clothes that she is going to send. It renewed my faith that people out there did care. These little girls had nothing and all I was asking for was a shirt or two to help clothe these tiny, innocent girls. I did receive messages later from a couple other people giving me names of churches & individuals who could possibly help and I am truly grateful for this.
I know not everyone can help every single person. What is heartbreaking to me is knowing there were 2 little girls who were spending the most magical time of year without a thing. They didn’t choose this life. They didn’t choose to be taken away from their mother. I don’t know the circumstances but I know, as a parent, we determine the future for our children by the decisions we make. I can’t say that I am perfect because I know I am not. One thing will never change and that’s the fact that I will never do anything to jeopardize my kids’ futures & my life with my kids. I am not saying their mother was on drugs, in jail, or anything else because like I said I don’t know the situation but it really upsets me to see a parent choose drugs, alcohol, another person, job, or certain liberties over their children. The ones the parent is hurting is the child & no kid deserves that. No child deserves to feel abandoned or alone or helpless. If I could dedicate my life to one thing it would be to help these children. If I can make a different in their lives then I have done right in this life. God has a plan for everyone but when the Devil steps in and takes control of a parent then other’s need to step in & help these poor kids from his wrath. I know it is difficult to step aside from our own personal demons to help someone else but have you ever felt the feeling you get after helping others?? I want to look back on my life and see that I made a positive difference… even if it’s just one person’s life that I change for the better.
I want to thank each and every person who has stood by with love, support, kindness, and generosity. It does mean the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment